Robert Moon at the Houston Examiner has this excellent little listing of the “Top Ten Signs the News Media Might be Biased,” which I’ve synopsized here:
10. Even after John Edwards was caught trying to make one of his employees take the fall, the media still ran fewer stories on it than they did on the bogus tabloid rumor that Sarah Palin was the actual mother of her grandson.
9. They fiercely denounced Pat Robertson for days for suggesting that Haiti was being punished by God (almost 4 million hits on Google), while almost completely ignoring Danny Glover’s claim that the natural disaster was man’s punishment failing to address global warming (just over 300,000 hits).
8. They refused to cover it when Eric Holder “reassigned” a federal prosecutor for daring to investigate voter intimidation at the hands of armed Black Panthers…even as Democrats voted to sweep the entire controversy under the rug, as I noted here.
7. A hugely disproportionate number of ”reporters” used to work as partisan Democrat operatives prior to being trusted to disseminate legitimate news. Brian Williams, Bill Moyers, Jeff Greenfield, Leslie Stahl, Chris Matthews, George Stephanopoulos…
6. Every report of any kind that undermines America or Republicans in any way, no matter how questionable the source or methodology, is blindly repeated as hard fact.
5. Their own employees routinely admit that they are openly cheer-leading for one side. Even liberal MSNBC anchors openly admit there is no balance.
4. We get total saturation coverage of every alleged injustice against Democrat-approved victims (women, minorities, Muslims, etc.), even when they are clearly baseless (Duke Lacrosse), while even the most heinous crimes against white people, Christians and our troops get buried.
2. They routinely invent bogus partisan scandals (Tom Delay, Lewis Libby, Bush-coke, Bush-National Guard, Alberto Gonzales, etc.)…while constantly burying actual, legitimate ones.
1. Studies regularly demonstrate extreme and consistent liberal bias (see here, here, here, here, here and here). Studies have also shown for decades that journalists are far to the left of the average American voter, that they register as Democrats and that they overwhelmingly contribute to Democrats and liberal causes.
Robert’s little article is much lengthier, and much more detailed. Hurry up and read it HERE.