And the really sad thing is, these complete and utter morons have no idea what they’re doing here. It’s catastrophic in terms of American politics:
From the Fabulous Gateway Pundit:
Today Barack Obama announced that he may prosecute Bush officials who wrote harsh terrorists interrogation policies.
According to a former intelligence agent, waterboarding of terrorist Abu Zubaydah got him to talk in less than 35 seconds. The technique, which critics say is torture, probably disrupted “dozens” of planned al-Qaida attacks and saved hundreds and thousands of lives. The CIA also confirmed that waterboarding 9-11 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed led to information that prevented a similar attack on Los Angeles.
Later today Obama spokesperson Robert Gibbs today said that the Obama administration will not rule out prosecuting President Bush for torture.
Let me tell you what this piece of idiocy is going to do to American politics:
- It will polarize American Government as we know it.
- The work of government will grind to a screeching halt as it did during the Impeachment trial of Bill Clinton, and will stop any semblance of bipartisanship or cooperation for years.
- Conservatives will dig in their heels to prevent this from happening, and legislation will stop cold in its tracks until this is resolved.
- It will polarize and anger conservatives
- It will significantly degrade Obama’s approval ratings — if not put them in the toilet.
Even considering this futile and ill-advised step puts the American system of government back 400 years to the time of the Salem Witch trials — and the moral equivalent of South American Banana Republics, where political enemies are given “show trials” before their executions.
Did we forget that these “torture” specifications were okayed by Congress in 2002??? Hellooo???
Yes that’s where we are today. So how’s that “Change” working out for you?
This may, indeed, be the thing that would give Texas cause to seriously consider Seceding from the Union.