This little blurb appeared on the AP wire services. I think it’s so short because it’s so patently ridiculous:
DOTHAN, Ala. — An Alabama judge set a $20,000 cash bond for a native of Mexico who reportedly has been deported from the United States 28 times. Houston County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jackie Smith said he charged Luis Hernandez-Arellano, 38, with felony obstruction of justice last week for giving deputies false identification.
Smith said deputies stopped a vehicle on Alabama Highway 109 Thursday for running a stop sign. The driver told deputies his name was Caesar Garza.
After Garza failed to provide a driver’s license or other identification, deputies were able to positively identify him as Carlos Cortez. Investigators later learned through Immigration and Customs Enforcement that Cortez is actually Luis Hernandez-Arellano.
So just to review briefly:
- Even though he had no identification, he was somehow miraculously identified. (If it was fingerprints, just say fingerprints, guys.)
- Even though he had no driver’s license, he was not charged with driving without a license.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)was contacted — and knew this guy had been deported *28* times — but declined to deport this guy again???
- The moron judge let him bond out.
- And somehow it never occurred to anyone involved that an illegal immigrant without identification with $20,000 cash on his person might perhaps be a drug runner???
From the same people who thing “Cap and Trade” is a good idea . . . From the same people promising “One Payer” Healthcare will be better than what you have now . . .
I have a headache now.