Congressman Ciro Rodriquez (D-TX, District 23) met with constituents Saturday, the 25th of July 2009 at the Helotes Texas Starbucks at 12577 Bandera Road.
Let’s give him a look at how many San Antonio Tea Party patriots can show up and meet face to face – and let’s get some answers!!! Ask him – eye to eye – about health care, cap and trade, enforcing the borders, tax policy, too many bailouts for too many! Here’s a chance to get your issues directly to the politician and get some answers!
So your Alamo City Pundit was there; and Ciro gave as good as he got. To quote the congressman, “If you know me, you won’t get any bullsh**t!”
A good sized crowd of just under 100 people — at a Starbucks! – moved outside into the 96 degree weather for more room, as Rep. Rodriguez answered all questions. Some highlights:
- He readily admitted voting for the first stimulus package, but regrets it now.
- He did not vote for the subsequent bailouts
- He would not promise to enroll in the One-Payer system if it passes, but that’s primarily because he’s covered by his wife’s health insurance as a State of Texas teacher.
- He’s actively pushing alternative energy sources just like he’s encouraging alternative water sources for south Texas; but he’s in favor of being able to drill “where we’re allowed to.”
- He’s also in favor of developing new water resources for drought-stricken south Texas as well as alternative energy sources, such as natural gas and nuclear power. He is in favor building another nuclear reactor in South Texas as CPS wants to do.
In this first clip, the Congressman promises “no bullshit” and accepts the petitions from the Boerne and San Antonio Tea Parties.
In the second clip, he tells the crowd he doesn’t have the Congressional Health Plan, and wants to keep his Blue Cross, just like everybody else.
In this third clip, Ciro agrees there is not enough “transparency” in Washington and “things are not right”, but loses the crowd when he says “In defense of Obama . . . ”
Watch the Congressman’s face as the crowd erupts. Priceless.