According to Glenn Beck’s radio program this morning, the Democraps plan to rush through the confirmation of Cass Sunstein as Obama’s head of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.
This guy is as red a Marxist as they come. According toBeck’s Website:
Regulatory Czar – Cass R. Sunstein *
Title: Administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs
Reports to: Office of Management and Budget head Peter Orszag
Appointed: January 2009
Nomination was sent to Senate on April 20, 2009 – no action yet taken
Agency that might have handled similar issues: OMB
• Will be responsible for reviewing draft regulations and assessing their costs and benefits
• Is a Harvard Law School professor; prior to that, was a professor at the Univ. of Chicago Law School (1981-2008)
• Academic specialties: constitutional law, administrative law, and regulatory policy
• Obama: “Cass is not only a valued advisor, he is a dear friend”
• Known for advancing a field called “law and behavioral economics” that seeks to shape law and policy around the way research shows people actually behave; though embraced by conservatives, critics say it fails to account for the sometimes less-than-rational aspects of human behavior.
• In his 2002 book, Republic.com, discussed the drawbacks of limitless choices on the Internet that allow people to seek out only like-minded people and opinions that merely fortify their own views; he talked about the idea of the government requiring sites to link to opposing views. He later came to realize it was a “bad idea.”
• In his 2004 book, Animal Rights, suggested that animals ought to be able to bring suit, with private citizens acting as their representatives, to ensure that animals are not treated in a way that violates current law.
• In a 2007 speech at Harvard he called for banning hunting in the U.S.
• The American Conservative Union started a website, Stop Sunstein, in an effort to keep him out of the White House.
Call your Representative and Senator NOW The Congressional switchboard is (202) 224-3121.
Texans; Cowboy Up! Neither Kay Bailey Hutchison nor John Cornyn seem inclined to grow a spine on this one!