Phyllis Schafly has a dynamite column today that gives me mew hope in defeating the insanity that is Obamacare. Here’s her abbreviated list of things we can use to fight this monstrosity:
1. The American people oppose Obamacare by almost 2 to 1 in the latest CNN poll.
2. The Democrats’ double-counting of Obamacare’s financial benefits has been exposed as a colossal lie.
3. Obamacare is unconstitutional because of its mandate that all individuals must carry “approved” health insurance.
4. Since the Senate bill imposes sharp limits on health-insurance companies’ ability to raise fees or exclude coverage, it likely will force many of them out of business.
5. Other Obamacare provisions blatantly legislate racial and other forms of discrimination.
6. Universal health insurance will be achieved by forcing young people to pay the additional costs (insurance for the youngest third of the population would rise by 35 percent), and by restricting and rationing care for the elderly.
7. Obama’s refusal to close our borders will make this “wild card of immigration” more costly every year.
8. Obamacare gives Medicare bureaucrats the power to ration health care; In the recent case of Hays v. Sebelius, the court ruled that Medicare doesn’t have the right to make this rule,.
9. The Senate bill contains at least a dozen of what can be described as bribes to certain senators.
10. The Senate bill even has a four-page section artfully written to enable ACORN to get federal health-care grants.
There’s a much more detailed article HERE, which you really need to read and pass along. Great stuff for an 85-year-old, eh?