I don’t think it’s very debatable – even amongst Obama’s supporters – that Foreign Policy is hardly his strong suit. Indeed, Obama’s foreign policy debacles make the nation of Fredonia look positively sanguine in it’s own foreign policy . . . uh, mis-steps, shall we say.
In fact, the more one looks at it, “Incompetence” doesn’t seem to even begin to cover it:
1. Divert critical CIA resources and spy satellites away from hunting terrorists to track global warming.
2. Release captured al Qaida terrorists from Gitmo and send them through America’s criminal court system.
5. Put airline passengers through absolute hell to avoid enacting policies that actually work…like giving extra scrutiny to young, Arab, Muslim men.
6. Create a culture of fear within the CIA by vindictively prosecuting agents who fail to read foreign terrorists their non-existent rights.
7. Surrender missile defense as Iran and North Korea go nuclear with impunity.
Robert Moon at the Macon County Examiner seems to have this nailed pretty well. Click through the link for more.