Found in my E-mail today. This ought to put Kay’s and Slick Rick’s knickers in a knot if they aren’t already:
FAIR WARNING: Governor Medina Will Secure the Texas Border
HOUSTON, TX, Tuesday, January 12, 2010 – Debra Medina, Republican Candidate for Governor today released her plan for securing the Texas border in a joint press conference with the U.S. Border Watch.
“Failure to enforce state and federal laws has contributed to abuse of property and humanity all along the Texas border. We can no longer turn a blind eye on the situation and will, in order to protect our citizens and their property, take matters into our own hands to insure peace and protection along the Texas border,” stated Medina.
Medina has engaged in discussions with border sheriffs and will work closely with them to complement their efforts. U.S. Border Watch has recently endorsed Debra Medina stating, “U.S. Border Watch is deeply concerned about the lack of progress being made from both Washington DC and Austin, TX in securing our borders from drug smugglers, terrorists and illegal immigrants. The two candidates for the Republican nomination for Governor who currently hold elected offices (that of Senator and Governor) have repeatedly made promises and then turned their backs on these issues or completely reversed their campaign promises. They have consistently failed to protect the rule of law and the citizens of this great state.”
“Medina knows the U.S. and Texas Constitutions and the power that lies in the rule of law. This is, after all is said and done, a rule of law issue. Debra Medina has the courage to enforce those laws that protect the people and the property of Texas from the ravages of an unsecured border.”
Recent reports by the Texas Department of Public Safety document increased efforts by drug cartels on both sides of the border to “co-opt our children to support their criminal operations.”i These reports provide even more evidence that Texas must act and must act now to protect her citizens and their children. Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety recently commented, “The concern is that the gangs are now being used by the cartels on both sides of the border for hit squads, human smuggling and counter surveillance.”ii
“Citizens have been seriously disappointed by the campaign double-speak from both Senator Hutchison and Governor Perry on this issue. We’ve heard their rhetoric. It’s time to get serious about protecting the Texas border. Debra is the only one who will take bold and decisive action to secure the Texas border,” said campaign manager Penny Freeman.
Medina’s plan to secure the border includes:
- Calling sufficient numbers of Texas National Guard and Texas State Guard members to active duty to support local law enforcement particularly along areas in between legal ports of entry to combat drug and human trafficking;
- Notifying Mexican authorities that the Texas Border will be secure and no entry will be allowed without proper documentation;
- Insuring that Texas District Attorneys and Texas Attorney General exercise full prosecutorial power and have sufficient resources to enforce human slavery and child labor laws to their fullest extent;
- Assisting local and state law enforcement in deporting individuals convicted of violating state or federal law;
- Insuring that private citizens have the ability to protect themselves and their property without fear;
- Insuring that the interests of Texans are protected by seeking legislation and enforcement actions that respect Texas sovereignty in the face of international treaties, like NAFTA, that violate Texas state sovereignty; These treaties create poverty in Mexico and Central America and benefit corporate investors. This poverty drives people to migrate north. Insuring that the interests of Texans are protected, Debra Medina will interpose, support nullification and declare unconstitutional all international treaties that violate Texas state sovereignty. We will not recognize those treaties or enforce their regulation or taxation.
- Eliminating social incentives to illegal immigration by seeking legislation prohibiting use of state funds for service or benefit of illegal aliens.
“This is a decisive plan that makes sense to the citizens of Texas—Anglo and Mexican American alike. But common sense is in short supply in Austin and Washington and our current governor and ranking senator have had long enough to enforce our current immigration laws or find new solutions,” stated Freeman. “They have been insulated from the problems facing We Texans for way too long. Debra is the only candidate who truly cares about We Texans and will act to protect Texas.”
iDPS Warns Parents: Mexican Cartels and Gangs Recruiting in Texas Schools. Texas Department of Public Safety Information for the News Media, Nov. 17, 2009
iiTrahan, Jason. “Mexican Drug Cartels Recruiting Texas Teens, State Warns” Dallas Morning News, Nov. 18, 2009
Visit the Medina For Texas website at http://www.medinafortexas.com.
The part that caught my eye was where it said “Debra Medina will interpose, support nullification and declare unconstitutional all international treaties that violate Texas state sovereignty.” Think about THAT statement for a second. When the second-largest state of the Union which comprises almost half of the southern border with Mexico all by ourselves starts to enforce immigration law and decides to arbitrarily nullify the NAFTA agreement — that’s going to get somebody’s attention but quick!
Meanwhile, tomorrow is the first Republican Gubernatorial Debate at 8:00 pm on your local Texas PBS Station. The Watch Party in San Antonio is HERE:
Thursday, January 14, 2010
7:30pm – 10:00pm
Fatso’s Sports Garden
1704 Bandera Rd
Your own humble Alamo City Pundit will be there with his camera to document the crowd and the fun. Be there!