So I’m watching this Health Care Horror Show unfold before my very eyes, and I’m getting more and more frustrated with the smirks on the faces of our Idiot President and Joe “Smiley the Drunk” Biden (whose mama apparently never taught him not to say certain words in public). And I’m watching the Interwebs and seeing that the Republicans – most notably my own Senator and Secretary of the Senate Republican Caucus John Cornyn – have gone all wobbly about whether they actually WANT to repeal the Obamacare Obamanation or not.
And they haven’t bothered to ask US if we want it repealed, have they?
Apparently, the Democraps aren’t the only ones having communication problems with their constituents.
And I keep thinking that both the Dems and the wobbly Republicans need to be shown who the heck is in charge here –meaning We, the People.
Something simple so that a maximum number of people could participate. The big rallies we had last year were nice, but a LOT of people who wished they had gone now, I’m sure . . . didn’t get to attend.
And that may be a plus for our side. Keep this as simple as possible. Low-tech. Low-Key, but noticeable. And these are my thoughts:
- TAKE THE DAY OFF — APRIL 16th, 2010. It would be great if we shut down the economy completely, but I seriously doubt that would happen. But you can take your kids out of school for a family trip. Take a Personal Day at work. Call in sick. Call in ugly, for that matter. Just make your absence noticeable.
- Meet somewhere at noon local time to Pray. If you can get to Washington, get to Washington. Clog the streets. Assemble (peacefully, mind you) outside the centers of power; Congress, Supreme Court, White House. If you CAN’T get to Washington, go to your local state capitol. If you can’t get there, meet at the flagpole at your post Office. It’s the “Flash Mob” theory; we appear, we pray, we leave. No shouting, no violence, no demonstations; just here and gone.
- Bring A Copy of the Constitution With You to the Flash Mob. Democrat or Republican or Libertarian; if you’re NOT for the Constitution, you’re not really much of an American, are you?
- Clog Up The System. Commit acts of Civil Disobedience all day long, and particularly from noon to 1:00 pm local time — i.e., “lunch hour.” If you’re in town, drive 20 mph during that time. If you’re on the Interstate, drive 55 mph. Slow everything down to a slow crawl. Let the masses FEEL your displeasure.
- Call Your Congressman and Senators all day long. Flood their switchboards. Tell them (if they fought Obamacare, the Stimulus, et al.) that you support what they were doing. If they voted FOR obamacare, the Stimulus, etc., let them know how unhappy you are. Remind them they have to come back and LIVE in your district when you vote them out of Congress in November; and make sure you’re clear that you’re doing everything to make that happen.
- Call Bart Stupak and His Friends and Let Them Know How you Feel. Eagle Scouts, Elks, Knights of Columbus, National Guard, the American Legion, Wildlife Unlimited, and your local parish priests. Tell them how Stupak sold out Unborn Life for a few airports in his district. Ask them if there’s any way he can be removed from those organizations. Excommunication should be a real, viable option here.
- Money Bomb the Conservative Candidates. It doesn’t have to be much, but give five dollars, ten dollars; whatever you can afford to your local conservative candidate. Five bucks is less than what you’ll probably spend on beer this weekend, right? If you’re happy with your candidates or don’t have an election this year, give money to a good out-of-state candidate. Mario Rubio in Florida. Marlin Stutzman in Indiana. There’s a ton of them: find one and donate.
I’m open to suggestions; and any big organization that wants to take this and run with it, be my guest.
Post your suggestions and thoughts in the Comments Section. Let’s get this ball rolling. This is not Me, per se; it’s WE, THE PEOPLE.
Get a Move on, cowboy.